ShiftCon presents “From Pitch to Publish: How to Navigate the Realm of Traditional Publishing”
- Sally Ekus, The Lisa Ekus Group
WHAT: From Pitch to Publish–How to Navigate the Realm of Traditional Publishing
WHEN: Friday, December 2nd
TIME: 11:00am CST
An agent, an author, and an editor walk into a conference room…and dish the inside information you need to know to publish a book, from start to finish. Through their stories and unique perspectives, the panelists of From Pitch to Publish: How to Navigate the Realm of Traditional Publishing will speak to the varying components that go into traditional publishing. From finding an agent and crafting the perfect proposal, to pitching your idea and negotiating deals, this panel will walk you through how to expand your message through traditional publishing.
Panelists will discuss:
- How to expand your brand through publishing (Traditional versus Self and which is right for you)
- What is an agent and how to find one What is a proposal and how to write one…a good one!
- How long does it take to go from an idea to seeing your book on the shelf
- How to work effectively with your editor
- How to go from a blogger to an author
- Real life examples of book deals (yes, we talk numbers!)
- And more!
The panel will conclude with an active pitch session, so bring your ideas!