Clean Eating for The Holiday Tips from The Crunchy Mommy…
Happy Turkey Day to all!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays–namely because all it involves is delicious (but sometimes not nutritious) food without the pressures of gifts. I love that I get to spend this time enjoying good food and family. But this also is the time that can be the hardest when trying to “eat clean” and stick to a healthy eating regimen. I’ve got some tips that have helped in the past so let’s get onto those!
Tips & Tricks to Keeping It Clean For Thanksgiving:
1. Give yourself grace and prepare for the worst. I know, what kind of tip is that!? But here’s the thing: no one wants a tasteless spread on Thanksgiving! There are going to be delicious desserts and treats that aren’t really with your normal program. Know what all is going to be there and give yourself some grace to eat off kilter within reason. Prepare yourself mentality for this so you aren’t shaming yourself into doing something else.
2. Be involved with the menu. I’m not sure how many times my mom has asked me what I wanted for dinner (since she still does a majority of the cooking). I’ve requested multiple green items because she makes them taste so good. We don’t eat pork so she uses smoked turkey in preparation. But being involved with the menu has made it so that I have a say in what the spread is looking like.
3. Prepare a dish (or two). This way if you have dietary restrictions, you know that there will be at least one (or two) dishes there that you can eat. This is also a great way to introduce your loved ones to something new and delicious!
4. Plan ahead. This was kind of covered in the first tip but this is really specific to planning out what your plate will look like. The best advice I’ve heard is to fill your plate with veggies and proteins on your first go around and then if you have room in your stomach, go back for starches. You’ll likely eat less of them anyway because your tummy will be filled with proteins and greens!
5. Make sure you’re taking your probiotic. I know, this isn’t where you thought I was going with this. But something that the presentation from Just Thrive Probiotic from this year’s Shiftcon really stuck with me. If you’re taking a quality probiotic on the regular and you introduce a food that’s not the greatest, your body will process it better than it would if you weren’t taking a probiotic. This is so true and especially so during times like this where you normally eat foods or quantities that are abnormal for you. Make sure you protect your gut!
Alright friends. These are my tips & tricks that I’ll be following. Be sure to share your own in the Facebook Group so all of us can see!
P.S. After you’re done eating all the delicious things, don’t forget we’re having a Black Friday thru Cyber Monday sale on 2019 Shiftcon Tickets!! Get yours for $150 HERE with the coupon code BLACKFRIDAY. Share this with all your friends!
Stay Up To Date On All Things ShiftCon
Subscribe and keep up to date on all our progress, get special messages from our partners & stay in touch with the community!